Sunday 12 May 2013

Bared to You

BARED TO YOU
By Sylvia Day


Our journey began in fire . . .
Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness - beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily . . .
Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds . . . and desires.
The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart . . .
Intensely romantic, darkly sensual and completely addictive, Bared to You will take you to the very limits of obsession - and beyond.

My Ramblings..

This is my second time reading Sylvia's best-seller and I'm falling in love with it all over again. Its taken me a long time to get this post up but I just figured one more rate amongst the 124023 already out there (and thats just on Goodreads) won't make any difference.

I'm sure most of you will have already read this book and the follow-up Reflected in You...and if you haven't, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?! get on it now because book 3 Entwined with You, is released in just 23 short days...YESSS!!



Now, amongst the Fifty madness, this book came riding through the storm announcing 'If you liked Fifty Shades of Grey then you'll love this' but really this book won over for me, no questions asked.


Dont worry love, we all did

Am I right? Or am I right?

So, second time reading (I know right, why not more?!) and this time, I see Gideon as a big softy, well he is really isn't he, if you look beneath the sexually-frustrated-for-Eva front. The majority of the book is Gideon chasing after Eva, which alone is a whole new experience for him (women do the chasing for Gideon “Because I want to fuck you, Eva. I need to know what’s standing in my way, if anything.” and when he has finally beds her, he is trying, extremely hard, to have a nice 'normal no-strings-attached' relationship with her.“You forget who submits, Eva,” he said gruffly. “I've given up control for you. I've bent and adjusted for you. I’ll do anything to keep you and make you happy. But I can't be tamed or topped. Don't mistake indulgence for weakness.”  Again right out of his comfort zone.

As much as I love Eva, she is deeply troubled (rightly so) with her past and this is a huge obstacle for her. She cant be happy with Gideon because she feels like her past will let Gideon down. When the truth comes out, what damage is it going to cause?

So later on, when we find that Gideon has some closely guarded secrets of his own, we see just how good they can be for each other.....only nothing ever comes that easy when so much baggage is trying to pull you apart.

Earlier I said I preferred this to Fifty....(I'm not ashamed) whilst Fifty was addictive, I just think that Gideon and Eva have so much depth.....literally layers and layers of the stuff! So much so that the drama continues right through to book 2 and I'm certain book 3 wont let us down in that department either. Keep a look out for news on book 4 too ladies ;) http://www.sylviaday.com/faq/#crossfire 

Its not just the raunchy pair that I love, the other characters are painted in such depth too. Unlike most books, the story reveals a lot about the 2nd hand characters too, like Cary, Eva's best friend, who also wears scars from his past. He is so loving and protective of Eva due to the history they share with each other. Whereas Magdalene literally had me breathing fire at points (I swear ;)). So yeah they are quite f****D up! But I love it nonetheless. It makes for a great read.

The term "roller-coaster ride" its overused I feel but this book literally sucks you in, chews you up, gives you a little hug, chews you up again, spits you out, all the while spinning you round and round!! Its such an emotionally charged book and it left me reeling at some points. This is what makes a good book though, when you can feel yourself lost in the characters minds, thats when you know your onto a winner. When you come away stuck with them in your head and they won't go away.

I'm actually struggling  to sum this book up in 3 words but compelling, sexually-charged and downright addictive are just a few that spring to mind. The men in your life will thank-you afterwards ;)... 

No doubt about it Bared to You is worth a read, and another, then read Reflected in You a few times and dont forget to pre-order Entwined with you...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Entwined-You-Crossfire-Novel-ebook/dp/B0090KZDSK/ref=pd_sim_kinc_2

Dont forget to check out the link for Sylvia Days website, where you can find loads of projects in the pipeline.

Find and like me on FB guys so we can share the love!










No comments:

Post a Comment