Monday 14 October 2013

Review ~ Arsen by Mia Asher

One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story.
My broken love story.

Ramblings . . .

A.Mazing! A beautifully tragic love story that keeps you guessing until the very last line. A whirlwind of emotions and unimaginably unexpected.

Arsen is the first book in a long time that has swept me off my feet and fall back in love with my Kindle. I was most definitely suffering a dry spell when I finally got around to reading Arsen and I’m glad I read it when I did because it made me appreciate the beauty of the story that much more.

“Falling in love with the wrong person is easy. Falling in love with the right person is easier. But falling in love with your soul mate is easiest.” 
― Mia AsherArsen

What talent Mia Asher has. This book is so incredibly emotional. The book pops and fizzes with it. I wept, I laughed, I “N’awwed” A LOT when it came to Ben. Each turn the story took was a surprise and I LITERALLY had to sit and read it until I was done because putting it down just WAS NOT an option.

I’m a sucker for a story with a good love triangle and blimey if this is one! We have Cathy, Ben and Arsen. The name spells danger in itself. We are swept along with Cathy as she suffers terrible tragedy after another and watch her slowly fall apart to the point of no return. Whilst I pleaded and begged on Ben’s behalf, we also know that there really is no other way for Cathy. Her self-destruction whilst horrid, is very much needed for her recovery.

I love Ben. A perfect husband. Mia evens treats us to flashbacks of the past. All the wonderful memories of their relationship. It’s bittersweet really, as we fall in love with their romance, reading of their journey, back in the present, they are falling apart. THIS for me was one of the biggest heart-throbs I have read possibly EVER. I felt torn in every direction. I truly wanted a happy ending for each party but I also wanted Cathy to heal and finally get the family she has always dreamed of. But who, Ben or Arsen??

“I want to believe every single lie of hers so I can gladly continue living in denial. I love her that fucking much.” 
― Mia AsherArsen

That is the question that you will keep on asking throughout the book. Who you chose is up to you and as dashing and tempting as Arsen is, I was with Ben the whole time. I love that guy. I’ll be interested to hear your opinions ladies.

“Cathy, meeting you was chance, falling in love with you was destiny, and loving you is my reason to exist.” 
― Mia AsherArsen

I honestly couldn’t find a flaw with Arsen. It’s everything I could ever want from a story and so much more. With a perfect ending. It does beg the question, will we see more of Arsen? And will we hear more of Ben’s story? (I told you I love him)

Flawless writing. An incredible, tragic, brilliant story. A thunder-storm of emotions. Perfect.


You won’t be able to put it down.



No comments:

Post a Comment