Author: Jennifer Culbreth
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/jenniferculbrethauthor
Author Website: http://jenniferculbreth.wix.com/jenniferculbreth
• Protect Me (Protected Love Series Book #1) released July 30, 2013
• Cherish Me (Protected Love Series Book #2) To Be Released October 26, 2013
Wild Hearts purchas links:
Heart-The-Series-ebook/dp/ B00HFWL6AY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8& qid=1387563706&sr=8-1& keywords=Wild+Heart+by+ Jennifer+Culbreth
Wild-Heart-The-Series-ebook/ dp/B00HFWL6AY/ref=sr_1_1?ie= UTF8&qid=1387563679&sr=8-1& keywords=Wild+Heart+by+ Jennifer+Culbreth
Barnes and Noble:http://www.
barnesandnoble.com/w/wild- heart-jennifer-culbreth/ 1117780780?ean=2940148999539
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/protect-me-jennifer-culbreth/1116259653?
Tell us 5 things you want your fans to know about you.
• 1. I am an avid big game hunter. Elk, Moose, Bear, Deer, Hogs; you name it I hunt it. I am also an excellent marksman thanks to my dad and can accurately shoot up to 300yards.
• 2. I love to craft! I can sew, embroider, crochet, and paint. I can also keep a house, tend laundry, and cook dinner! Not to brag but I make an amazing pork roast with caramelized carrots on the side J Dinner is at six!
• 3. I have twice in my life taken a road trip that consisted of being in a car for 27 hours! Once from North Florida (my hometown) to upstate New York, the second was from North Florida to my new home in Colorado Springs.
• 4. I am married to a sexy panty dropping US Navy Sailor. Those dress whites do it every time! I have never been more in awe than when I stood in the basin of the Naval Station and welcomed home the missile guided cruiser that had been home to 300+ sailors who’d been deployed in the Middle East for over 7 months. You stand on the dock surrounded by huge cruisers (ships) and as the returning ship comes into the basin all of the surrounding ships blast their horns randomly, welcoming them home. It’s an amazing thing to experience!
• 5. I often pitch match with my fab author friend Y.H. Forward because we enjoy making music with our mouths. We also enjoy quoting the entire Pitch Perfect movie on facebook. She’s Aca-mazing even though we haven’t met in person!
• What author(s) influenced your writing?
I grew up reading the classics. I fell in love with Mr. Darcy and Gatsby before the playboys like Christian Grey and Gavin Blake had even been thought of. Now, don’t get me wrong… I love a schmexy CEO just as much as the next girl. But I not only fell in love with the characters in the classic literature that littered the small book case in my room, most importantly I fell in love with the words. The beautiful words that brought the story to life. Authors such as Jane Austen, Leo Tolstoy, and Robert Louis Stevenson were my main influencers. The most influential authors for me, for their support and guidance, have been Gail McHugh and Teresa Gableman. When I started this journey I was scared to death, alone as I knew no authors, and clueless. I reached out asking for help to a number of authors whose books I had read and enjoyed and both Gail and Teresa graciously answered back. I truly have to say if it hadn’t been for them motivating me to take the leap I wouldn’t be where I am in this journey today.
• What tips do you have for someone who is thinking about writing a book?
To go for it! Never in a hundred years would I have imagined I would be able to call myself a published author. It doesn’t matter what background you come from, or what your walk of life is. I grew up a tomboy who hunted and fished, and yes I still do to this day. I went to college first to join the Police Force and then graduated with a degree in Business thanks to the coaxing of my family. However I have had no formal training to become a writer. I had a passion. One that I embraced and stayed focused on and this journey for me will never end. If you are considering self-publishing and you have the creativity, thick skin, and motivation to find the answers you need you have already met half the battle. The publishing world is full of amazing creative minds, being able to think outside of the box and explore new story lines and characters is important. Along with having thick skin. The Indie Author world can be tough and you have to really be able to take criticism. You will at some point get less than pleasant reviews, you will have those who want your cover to look a certain way, or want your story to go differently. But you have to always keep the spark alive and remind yourself that not every reader will fall in love with your book; and that’s ok. You will have readers who will love your work support you and those are the ones that truly matter.
I am always available to help in any way that I can to give advice and guidance to anyone interested in becoming an Indie Author. I have been blessed to have the amount of support from others through this journey and the most humbling part is being able to pass the torch sort of speak. I can always be reached via fb or email.
• What do you do for fun?
Growing up in a rural area there wasn’t a lot to do for fun. We made the best of it though driving along dirt roads, hunting, fishing, and having cook outs with friends and family. We are all avid SEC Football fans and enjoy the family rivalries during the fall. Go Gators! I am lucky to come from a huge family and I love spending time with them. Two years ago I married First Class Petty Officer Culbreth and have been blessed to have an amazing partner in life. He inspires me, teaches me, and motivates me every day. I am very lucky to have him in my life. We just moved to Colorado Springs and look forward to being able to enjoy the mountains and the outdoors here. Being a Florida native for more than 26 years you can imagine my thrill in looking forward to the snow! Hopefully before that happens we will be able to travel up and enjoy the sights of Cripple Creek and Pike’s Peak.
I would have to say my favorite hobby would be trying new foods. I don’t know if you would consider that a hobby but as often as I eat I think we can categorize it as such! I have a slight obsession with s’mores… I love Indian cuisine, and Gordon Ramsey is my favorite person to watch on TV. I look forward to heading up to the bakery I have heard so much about in Woodland Park and trying a bacon maple twist!