Thursday 25 July 2013

My Favourite Mistake


My Favourite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)

Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.


On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, so she needs him gone before it's too late.



Hunter himself has been burned before, but Taylor's sexy laugh and refusal to let him get away with anything make her irresistible. Determined not to be kicked out of her life without a fight, Hunter proposes a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.



But when the man behind Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever


Ramblings...

“Love is simple. You fall and that's it. You'll work the other stuff out. You just gotta let yourself fall and have faith that someone will be there to catch you.” 


Absolutely amazing.....! I loved this story, I was hooked from the very first page. The banter between the two love birds was awesome, I think thats what got me hooked on, there was so much chemistry between them. Always having a dig at each other, It was funny and adorable! The love and hate relationship is just common to people you just meet or just how some people are, especially when you start of on the wrong foot but daily banter can grow into something more. 

Both trouble people with a hidden secret that haunts them to make them the way they are come across each other, making them believe the secret is in the past and the future is brighter. They become each others rock and support, patching up the wound from the past. ' Love overrides and heal the wounds'  



"There must be a mistake," I said. 



He adjusted his bag on his shoulder. "That's a creative name. What do you shorten it to? Missy?” 



Taylor the independent girl with the hard front and kick ass attitude but with a deep hidden secret that frighten her. Until her new unexpected male roommate Hunter, slowly breaks her shell and comfort zone.  Hunter the player and the charmer was lucky enough to end up sharing a house with 3 ladies, of course he set his eyes on Taylor, the girl that isn't interested in his charms. But they both end up sharing a room together and you can imagine all banter between that. The banter and fight is great, so normal and funny, keeps you reading on. 


I loved this book...Hunter was great...never giving up on Taylor, even when she kept pushing him away and all that sexual frustration sleeping in the same room. That man was a gent to her!! Taylor was a little annoying sometime, she was clearly denying her feels but i guess with good reasons but just didn't believe her heart. I think this book shows, sometimes you just gotta have that little faith and believe in yourself and your be happier. Take that leap of faith and you never know what it might bring you! 

“I don't like you. I don't like how your hair smells, and how I can't stop thinking about waking up and seeing your face. I hate how my bed felt empty when you left. I don't like how good you were with my family, especially Harper, and how I wanted to see you with them again, but not just as a guest. As a member. You're right. I don't like you at all.” 


Goodreads ~ Available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment